- Ribbonwood Website
- Ecuador and Galapagos Islands 2019
- Italy and Croatia 2018
- Central America 2017
- Western Australia 2016
- Sri Lanka 2015
- 2013 travels to SE Asia
- 2011 Tuscanny Travels and Vietnam Ventures
- 2010 travels home teaching in Cairo.
- Julie living and working in Egypt 2010
- Julie's teaching and life in Jordan stint 2009
- Julie living and working in Japan 2008
- New Zealand’s most endangered kiwi species on the road to recovery.
- New Zealand Birds
Friday, October 13, 2017
Peters Pool named after a 9 year old boy, Peter Westland, who camped here by himself in 1894
Making the most of this warm spring day we wandered to a view we often see but today was photo worthy! When Peter camped here the glacier was in full view, reaching around the corner with the terminal face just at the back of the lake. This is a Kettle Lake left behind by the retreating glacier hundreds of years ago. Large blocks of slower melting ice left huge depressions in the valley floor.